Ceres Imaging is a venture-backed agriculture technology company with a mission to drastically reduce farming’s environmental footprint while increasing farmer profitability. Founded out of Stanford in 2013, Ceres Imaging has grown into the market leader in aerial imagery and analytics for agriculture, and was recently cited by Fast Company as one of the 7 leading technologies making global farming smarter and more productive. The 90-person Ceres Imaging team is defined by a passion for science and agriculture, the belief that diverse companies are better companies, and a shared desire to help solve major environmental issues at a global scale.
We are seeking a full-time full stack engineer with 3+ years of software engineering experience who can contribute to the core data pipeline team.
As a member of our team, you will develop software to support advances in analytics used by farmers to make day-to-day decisions about irrigation, fertilizer, and farm management. You will use a strong understanding of concurrency, data modeling, and distributed computing to design, build and maintain scalable services.
We value technical curiosity and enthusiasm more than narrow technology experience. If you have a strong track record of embracing new challenges, we will consider applicants who are driven to learn and have the intensity to embrace our technology. We place more value on your ability and attitude than specific experience.
- Implement features in the internal and external customer applications to be season ready
- unlock imagery data delivery (quantitative and layers) through application
- support a rich set of data format transform and rendering (raster, vector)
- Provide Ceres’ next-generation feature design and implementation such as: yield forecasting and time-series, automated issue detection, customer engagement of product ROI, insight-centric and solution-centric features
- Refactor and simplify a set of Django apps into a set of cohesive services, entities and applications based on customer profile and operational goals
- Build automation and deployment for production release
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years experience with Django's ORM, Python, HTML5, CSS, JS library, REST API’s
- Experience working with DevOps and deploying apps to AWS
- Experience working with cloud-based ETL pipelines (Apache Airflow) is a plus
- Knowledge of GDAL, OpenCV, or PostGIS a major plusKnowledge of large-scale analysis of aerial, drone, or satellite imagery a major plus
Ceres Imaging offers extremely competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, 401k, and other employee benefits such as an attractive equity package that commensurate with candidate qualifications.