Help us take the world to zero carbon emissions. SINAI (YCombinator W20) is a San Francisco based technology company focused on transforming the way companies price, analyze and reduce carbon emissions around the world. We recently graduated from YC's W20 batch with venture backing.
We are passionate about technology and the environment, and our mission is to engage companies to include carbon analysis in their entire operations, transforming the way they interact with their own business, their value chain, and the environment.
Our product is the first carbon strategy analytical platform helping companies all over the world to put a price on their carbon emissions.
We are looking to make major changes to the current system and rebuild UX, so there's plenty of work for establishing a good design practice and rethinking every bit of interaction. Product designer will be working in close collaboration with engineering, product, and customer success teams.
This is a three-month full-time contract with the potential for long term engagement.
- You live and dream in Figma. Advanced user of Figma with the ability to create reusable components, understanding constraints, auto-layouts, and how to use styles. Get ready to work with data sync.
- You are passionate about reversing climate change and making products that are good for the planet and humanity.
- You have experience with analytical or financial enterprise software.
- Deep understanding in responsive design and grid systems.
- Interested and fast to learn complex and rapidly changing product.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Meticulous and diligent.
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal.
- Good understanding of color theory and use of color in analytical systems.
- Getting things done consistently with daily checkpoints.
- Depending on the difficulty of the problem, create prototypes, wireframes, or detailed specs to test and deliver design solutions.
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming.
- Communicate back to leaders constantly.
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product engineers.
- Translate design concepts into detailed and functional prototypes.
- Research the latest UX / UI best practices to constantly improve product.
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Coordinate with product team to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase.
- Participates in design reviews to maintain consistency across multiple applications and guarantee adherence to requirements and standards.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations.
- Research similar products and developing ideas.
- Experience designing data entry and analysis-focused products
- Familiarity with data visualization and charting best practices and micro-animations
- Experience providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
If you're looking for a challenge, this is probably as complex as it gets (we're worldwide, across industries, supporting multiple user roles, etc.).
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please share relevant examples of previous work and thought processes behind when applying for the role.