As a member of the Architecture & Control team, you will be responsible for developing control algorithms for powertrain systems to achieve required vehicle performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop algorithms for motor control
- Develop and implement simulation models into hardware/software-in-the-loop testing
- Motor control algorithm validation on hardware
- Create testing environment and procedures to allow motor control algorithm validation
- Support motor control engineers with day to day tasks
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams on specifications, design trade-offs and analysis
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in EE, ME, CE or a related field
- Strong and good understanding of physical system including electric motors, inverters
- Strong background using Matlab/Simulink
- Familiar with typical motor control strategies
- Familiar with C/C++
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethics, highly motivated, positive energy, and attitude
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiar with LabView testing environments
- Experience with hardware/software in the loop testing
- Familiar with electric powertrain mechanical and thermal systems
- Familiar with popular data logging tools in automotive industry, such as Vector CAN Tools
- Knowledge of version control tools such as Git
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SERES is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
This is a paid, 3-month internship program. Interns with excellent performance may have the opportunity to become full-time employee.