Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and headquartered in Ballard, we are seeking a full-time Software Engineer - Full Stack to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Software Engineer - Full Stack will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between systems, servers, employees and our Rad Riding customers. You’ll be taking on new problems across our architecture, driving technical design and implementation helping to move our technology forward. This role reports into our Senior Developer and is part of a cross-functional Technology department.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 3-5 years of experience in modern Technology stacks
- Ability to design, build, test, and ship high-quality software, tooling, and infrastructure supporting Rad’s technical roadmap
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration/deployments, testing and operations
- Desire to embrace documentation creation & maintenance
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with both local & non-local teammates
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Desire to seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern development front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience shipping systems written in Ruby / Python / Node
- Strong understanding of Dev Ops practices with a good understanding of AWS and Google Cloud infrastructure
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
You get bonus points for:
- Experience working with Shopify’s systems and API
- Experience working with Netsuite
- Experience with cloud-based ERPs and Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with container orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with GraphQL, BigQuery and Postgres
- Experience with a headless architecture that involves an API based CMS
- Open-source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Helped to maintain code repositories and collaborated on shipping new features and functionality for various projects and tools
- Helped develop the foundational data stores that power our internal/external web apps and reporting systems
- Dealt with 3rd party vendors, managing the relationships & troubleshooting high-level issues
- Understood current methodologies and best practices as they pertain to web development and design
- Designed, built, and maintained many of the services and technologies that are central to Rad Power Bikes’ infrastructure, providing critical business value every day
- Acted with little direction, supported the Marketing teams in providing development, consulting and implementation
- Helped to build our long-term Technology roadmap as we scale our infrastructure and build new products
- Additional duties and overtime as assigned
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.