- You take ownership of projects to enlarge our CO2 sorbent portfolio, both by in-house development or in collaborations with external parties. This may include the evaluation of commercial materials or the development of new sorbents from the first idea through conceptualization, synthesis and testing to scale-up and commercialization.
- You strive to understand the material specific processes that happen during the CO2 capture cycle to enhance further the performance of sorbent materials within novel and established processes.
- Keeping an overview of the technology by monitoring literature and attending conferences will help you to perceive ideas for additional projects, to shape your network in the field and to establish new collaborations in academia or industry.
- You collaborate closely with our team of process engineers to develop optimal utilization strategies of novel and optimized materials within new process concepts to enhance the CO2 output and reduce the energy requirements of the Climeworks product.
- You ensure that a promising material can be employed in future Climeworks plants by clearing supply related and economic questions.
- You hold a university degree at PhD level in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering or a related discipline
- You have at least 5 years’ work experience in a similar role, with experience in the formulation of sorbent materials
- You have managed R&D projects in industry
- You are experienced in setting up and managing industry-academia collaborations
- You have a creative and open mind combined with a goal-oriented attitude and an outgoing, communicative personality
- You are fluent in English and German is beneficial but not required
Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering