- You work independently on work packages in the Sorbent Department with a focus on sorbent development and optimization.
- You prepare sorbent material, optimize the components and the conditions of preparation according to a rational and traceable scheme.
- You test the sorbent material for specific conditions of use, for stability and for optimal capacity.
- You analyse the material according to given chemical and physicochemical processes.
- You help validate, troubleshoot, and document the different process control routines.
- You have completed a bachelor’s and/or are working towards a master’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or similar, with a focus on material preparation and testing.
- You are available for a 6-12 months internship with start date August or September 2020.
- You have experience in the preparation and characterization of functionalized porous or fibre-based materials or with functional coatings, membranes and polymers. Skills in elucidating reaction mechanisms of organic molecules are beneficial.
- Ideally, you are experienced in CO2 capture. Knowledge of gas adsorption techniques such as BET, adsorption isotherms or breakthrough curves are an asset.
- You are eager to learn new concepts, skills and tools that you might need to complete your assignments.
- You are creative, reliable, willing to perform and have a structured working style.
Carbon Capture & Utilization