With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Senior Manager, Accounting
What You Will Be Doing
- Performs analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Be able to solve problems and makes recommendations for improvements
- Be able to interact effectively with members, co-workers and clients
- Prepare G/L entries to properly account for company’s activities
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls for assigned areas (cash, fixed assets, sales taxes)
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
- Ensure that transactions are accurately and timely reflected in the financial statements
- Partner with accounts receivable team to facilitate proper accounting of cash collections
- Adherence to GAAP with respect to all accounting interpretations and application
- Assist in implementation of new policies and procedures
- Assist with the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
- Provide support to special requests from FP&A, Tax and the business units
- Reconcile and prepare sales tax reports
- Support US sales tax functions and respond and drive to a conclusion sale tax correspondence and issues
- Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Knowledge of FX and forecasting cash needs in foreign currency
- Be responsible for all fixed asset accounting, including but not limited to depreciation entries, additions, disposals
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of three years of experience
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Must be detail-oriented, work well in a dynamic environment, work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and have excellent organizational skills
- Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunities and drive improvements cross-functionally.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Excellent Team Player and Good Judgmental Skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.