About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Sales team is charged with taking our technology to market, and effectively communicating the benefits and value to customers, suppliers, and consumers in order to drive commercial success for the company. We are seeking a dynamic and energetic sales executive who will own and build the Partner Sales team and revenue stream. You will lead strategic initiatives to drive the next phase of our growth, and drive efficiencies across all Sales teams at the company.
What You’ll Do
- Be an active member of Apeel’s sales leadership team, with collective responsibility to maximize profitability, growth and market share of the company worldwide.
- Lead the definition, landing and execution on strategic initiatives for the Partner Sales organization/model and establish an alliance/channels ecosystem.
- Collaborate closely with the VPs, Buyer and Supplier Sales, their global teams, as well as Apeel’s marketing and strategy staff as we define the partner network.
- Drive medium and long-range business development pipeline, and relationships within our partner network, that you develop in collaboration with key suppliers aligned with global counterparts within Apeel.
- Capture near-term business development and growth opportunities by providing business direction and priorities to the Sales team.
- Drive Apeel’s business at the category and supplier through retail level, extending programs and positioning for both sides.
- Develop and implement the commercialization strategies with a special focus on channel programs and shared revenue for markets globally.
- Follow market conditions on commodity items and stay keenly aware of the market and competitors and provide market insights to the company.
- Works closely with Marketing to develop strategy and implementation for campaigns, public relations, and industry relations to support partner sales and marketer network.
What You Bring
- Minimum ten years related Sales experience with a leading agriculture, food technology, or produce supply company. Experience with multiple fresh produce categories globally is a plus.
- An understanding of the produce business and/or agriculture technology within the supplier to major retail value chain.
- Track record of developing and implementing successful sales channel programs and strategic alliances within a major global supply chain.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a sales management position with the proven ability to develop a high-performing sales team and positive work culture in a hyper-growth product line or company.
- A proven track record of successfully building sales and profits in a “Best in Class” environment and developing new programs that are partner and customer specific.
- Demonstrated skills as a strong business-builder with excellent financial acumen. Experienced in team development, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Successful record of developing innovative, data-driven strategic plans that help a company grow and achieve progressively sustainable results.
- Demonstrated success in growing revenues, improving performance, enhancing systems, and transitional leadership. Experience in selling advanced technology with longer sales cycles.
- Strong record of successful “team selling”, involving other company functional leaders and in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate and partner with senior executives (e.g., CEO, executive leadership team) and key stakeholders to drive market expansion efforts.
- Exceptional business acumen with emphasis in best-in-class sales and marketing skills. Savvy in structuring sales goals and forecasting of revenue and channel requirements.
- Strategic orientation with the ability to apply a solid grasp of business management and leadership principles, combined with a detail orientation to effectively manage day-to-day operations.
- Outstanding communications, presentation and interpersonal skills. Foster new business relationships.
- Solid knowledge of produce growing and pricing, and the effect on a retail network is a plus.
- Fluency in English and another globally important languages such as Spanish or Portuguese is desirable, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree (Business, Agricultural Business or related field) a plus.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.