At Infarm we have the opportunity to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow. Our values offer a bit of insight into the culture that helps us work daily towards making this vision a reality. If these values resonate with you, and being part of the urban (r)evolution is something that excites you, you've come to the right place.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As Urban Farmer, you are responsible for the full-cycle of the plants from seeding and propagation to preparation for the end consumer. You understand what great customer service means and want to ensure a fantastic customer experience. You are the first point of contact for infarm customers and delight in informing and inspiring them about our product. You have a passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for infarm and our mission. Moreover, having a high attention to detail and being well organized are among your strongest skills.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Perform efficient and precise seeding according to individual plant requirements
- Follow the germination process and detect deficiencies in the seedlings’ health
- Select, label and prepare seedling kits for planting into our farms
- Harvest, plant and package infarm plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Interact with customers, providing top-notch customer service
- Protect the health of our plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the farms squeaky-clean
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using our internal infarm app
- Report on customer feedback and compensation needs according to infarm guidelines
- Ensure daily invoicing of infarm customers
- Maintain current marketing materials on farms in customer locations
- Perform basic maintenance of farms when needed
- Follow detailed workflows and schedules
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- A passion for plants, sustainability or nutrition
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye and caring for cleanliness
- Both confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a retail environment or in customer service is an asset
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 19 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in and strive to grow an inclusive environment focused on promoting mutual respect. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Infarm builds and distributes highly efficient vertical farms throughout cities to grow fresh produce right in your neighbourhood.