About ImperfectImperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods. We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Our Operations Engineering Associate will work with experienced engineers and operations leaders to learn and assist in developing and testing potential solutions to ongoing systemic issues, as well as putting new processes in place. They will get the unique experience to work in a variety of areas from facility and warehouse maintenance and production to special corporate initiatives. As part of the Continuous Improvement department, the Operations Engineering Associate will be responsible for driving process improvement initiatives for production and/or distribution while maintaining high levels of quality, safety, and employee morale, keeping cost and production at the forefront.
Please note: this is a 12-week temporary assignment.
- Provide support in one or more of the following areas: project management, continuous improvement, asset start-ups, process design, line balances, SOP creation, construction management, commissioning, start-up, equipment and system qualification, medium and low voltage power, stabilization process & package qualifications
- Develop equipment setups, documentation, equipment/material interface, and continuous improvement through learning and implementing the Lean Six Sigma process
- Lead and manage a variety of Operations projects
- Partner with engineering teams to identify issues, collect appropriate supporting data, develop, and present improvement ideas, and implement solutions
- Develop standardized work, time studies, equipment capability, and repeatability studies
- Develop critical parameters for equipment and systems
- Develop and maintain relationships and communications between suppliers, engineers, and production line co-workers
- Note: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
- Received or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis methods
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some experiencing using G Suite and Microsoft Office applications
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level
- You have a desire to learn in a rapidly evolving environment
- You have a self-starter attitude and an ability to attack problems with minimal direction
- You’re a natural leader with the experience to prove it
Details of Position
- Temporary position lasting 12 weeks this summer
- Hourly pay rate of $18/hour
- Requires work in the evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Based at our Fulfillment Center in San Francisco, CA (Bayview District)
- Reports to our Director of Continuous Improvement located in San Francisco, CA
- Ability to work in both hot and cold conditions
- Able to work in noisy environments
- Some sedentary work; involves sitting at times
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneelAbility to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Domestic travel to new and existing local facilities required as needed
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.