The Perfect Day is working to commercialize its first animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking a highly skilled Procurement and Supply Chain Associate
to help manage the supply chain activities to ensure our customers are delighted. The ideal candidate will have strong project management, planning, negotiation and interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment. The individual will act as the go to person for purchasing and supply chain activities, owning the process from requirement to delivery, enabling customer satisfaction & working with a network of supply partners as necessary This position part of a lean team charged with a vision to disrupt the way food is made, delivering a better future for all.
- Find and align with fantastic supply partners Build lasting relationships to help us scale
- Identify, negotiate, and set up ingredient & packaging supply partners. Manage them on an ongoing basis.
- Negotiate, place, and execute purchase orders with all vendors.
- Manage safety stock levels of all components.
- Ensure component purchases are within budget
- Identify and align with at least two sources for each component
- Be a part of our product supply chain Ensuring our customers get their products on time
- Work with customer service and commercialization to ensure we are reacting appropriately to demand signals from the market.
- Be an active member of the supply chain team for The Urgent Company.
- Manage warehousing and logistics partners to ensure product supply and 3PL fulfillment.
- Manage our ingredient and finished good stock ensuring FIFO is enforced
- Manage and audit stock count at 3PL and internal ensure of accuracy
- Evaluate inventory usage, scrap, and waste provide insights to improve inventory flow
- Analyze purchase price variance on monthly basis provide insights to stakeholders
- Assist with other purchasing activities
- Support the team to help execute things such as marketing, trade shows, swag, memberships and any other related purchasing activities
- Be willing and able to do other stuff which could involve exhibitions, events, field marketing, eating ice cream, having fun, innovating and smiling
- B.S. business or B.S. supply chain management or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Demonstrates a proactive customer-first mindset
- Is highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Expert negotiating skills with knowledge of procurement tools, systems, and processes
- Experience with new product introduction preferred
- Preference given to sourcing/procurement experience in food/dairy sectors
- Supply chain certification from ISM, ASCM (APICS), CSCMP is desirable
- Proficient with MS Office and ability to learn other business applications
- Some travel required
Come join a company who wants people to enjoy the dairy foods they love - products full of delicious taste and luscious texture - all while making the world a kinder, greener place.