StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 3,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
As a member of our Customer Success team, you will work with organizations to help them become more data-driven and more sustainable. You will act as a trusted advisor and leader for your customers, helping them as they transition to use StreetLight InSight and continue to make more data-driven planning decisions. Our customers are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated customer success professionals who go above and beyond to truly educate customers.
The Customer Success Executive will work with existing customers in the transportation and urban planning industries ensuring that our products get implemented successfully. The Customer Success Executive will have a portfolio of customers to manage and move through the customer journey from onboarding through successful renewal of their StreetLight InSight subscription. Previous experience working with engineering, transportation, and/or government agencies is helpful to success in the role and desired. Location:
Position is based remotely from a home office, with a preference for Central and Eastern Time Zones. In a normal year, regular travel to customer sites and occasional travel to San Francisco headquarters will be required.
- Serve as account manager for a portfolio of customers ranging from cities to state DOTs
- Design and execute account management plans to ensure customer subscriptions renew on-time and revenue targets are hit
- Develop onboarding plans for new customers assigned to your portfolio and coordinate with StreetLight Support and Training teams to ensure successful user adoption of the StreetLight InSight platform
- Develop ROI materials and conduct on-going meetings and events with key customer decision-makers to ensure subscription value is being achieved
- Consistently maintain details of renewal opportunities and customer status information in StreetLight Data’s customer relationship management (CRM) system and provide accurate renewal forecasts
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quota and StreetLight business objectives
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience working as a technical sales representative, customer success/account management representative, or an engineer/planner. Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree required, master’s degree is a plus
- Previous experience with quotas, and successfully achieving them, is a plus
- Proficiency with analytics software skills. Bonus for SaaS tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial “start-up” environment
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team selling environment
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- Must be willing and able to travel regularly as needed to achieve objectives (During COVID travel restrictions, all meetings are being done virtually)
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.