Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Accounts Payable to join our Boston office to manage AP function and a small team of AP accountants and ensure the team is operating smoothly, efficiently and with high standards. The Manager of Accounts Payable will perform AP duties and have responsibility for assisting in Accounting tasks as assigned by the Corporate Controller. The position requires a highly conscientious, reliable professional who will be discreet with sensitive with information and has adherence to deadlines and attention to detail. This position will report directly to the Corporate Controller. If you are a driven, experienced, and enthusiastic professional we want you to join our dynamic team.
- Manage all areas of the accounts payable function to ensure best-in-class processes for invoices from our vendors, contractors and business partners.
- Manage, mentor, motivate, guide and develop AP Staff Accountants and Specialists through training, demonstration of best practices and leading by example.
- Review and validate invoices entered by AP staff.
- Ensure accompanying documentation to transactions is complete, accurate and approved.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions in accordance with accounting guidelines, company policies and procedures.
- Preparation and posting of accruals in connection with the monthly close.
- Manage weekly check runs and payment proposals.
- Manage check and payment requests.
- Analyze current processes and procedures to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Lead team in continuing efforts to accelerate the accounting close process, including AP and related automation projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Record wire transfers and online bank activity.
- Prepare construction spend analysis.
- Complete emergency payments needed, entering invoices, printing and sending payments.
- Assist set up of credit cards and payment apps and reconciliation of accounts.
- Interact professionally and collaboratively with management and other departments for invoice dispute resolution, approvals, voucher processing, and special projects.
- Assist with the administration of the expense reimbursement process/ system (Expensify).
- Manage year end 1099 tax reporting processes.
- Collaborate with external audit staff for year-end audit work.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by management
- Prior Accounting, Finance and AP experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience including supervision and management of both the AP function and AP Staff Accountants and Specialists.
- Experience in a growing company with a high-volume and complex AP environment.
- A proven track record of implementing process improvements and driving change in a growing organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with executive management, all departments across the company and vendors outside of the company.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Willing and able to adapt to a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and efficient.
- Robust analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong Microsoft Office and overall computer skills
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.
Nexamp is leading the transformation to the new energy economy with proven solutions for solar energy development, ownership, and operation.