Director, Client Success
EnergyHub provides utilities and markets with innovative DER and Bring Your Own Thermostat® software and program management solutions. EnergyHub’s Mercury DERMS platform allows utilities to partner with their customers to deliver more powerful demand response and grid services using the industry's leading ecosystem of connected devices and distributed energy resources. Our platform is used by more than 40 utilities across the United States to manage demand response, energy efficiency, and distributed energy resource (DER) programs.
EnergyHub’s Client Success team launches and operates best-in-class programs for electric utilities, helping them address grid challenges by engaging customers with connected devices. As the Director, Client Success, ensuring our clients achieve their goals is your mandate. You and your team own the client relationship end-to-end, including managing the launch of our platform and programs while building and maintaining strong client relationships. You’ll also work closely with the sales, product, engineering and marketing teams to maintain account health and drive renewals.
This is a highly visible, customer facing role, ideal for someone who has a passion for working with clients and software products, enjoys managing teams through complex solutioning, exercises sound business judgment, and is a strategic thinker with extraordinary attention to detail.
- Be a Client Success leader. Oversee the team of client success managers and a support team, helping the team manage launches and multi-faceted programs with device partners, clients and internal teams. Ensure program operations are seamless and client goals and success metrics are top of mind for the organization. Work with sales to design new program structures to meet client requirements and identify new (and improve existing) tools, processes and best practices. Support sales in tracking and pursuing renewals and upsell efforts. Develop and report on key metrics of utility programs with internal teams.
- Be a trusted advisor who ensures clients achieve their goals. Help the team manage internal expectations as well as those of our clients; prioritize program activities to balance internal objectives with client goals. Spend time to understand client objectives and help the team guide clients through key decisions to design programs that support these targets. Help set the direction for new programs, including shaping program designs for new BYOD programs and informing required resources for delivery of contracts. Be an escalation point when difficult situations arise and help the team resolve operational challenges. Lead annual market feedback efforts including voice of customer surveys to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Be an effective communicator. Work with your team to present key results, facilitate meetings, and deliver nuanced messages to clients. Maintain consistent communication with an array of stakeholders to ensure efficient program implementation across the portfolio, review ongoing needs, and provide timely solutions and recommendations to help achieve program success. Foster effective decision-making and operational excellence by building relationships and helping internal teams understand priorities and business context.
- Be a product and service expert. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of demand management, the drivers of program success, and a deep understanding of the product to effectively communicate capabilities to clients and shape program design. Actively contribute to the refinement and development of new product features and service offerings. Support contract negotiations between EnergyHub and utility clients, SOW negotiations with partners and T&Cs development for end-use customers.
- led a team in a cross-functional work environment, have an uncanny ability to “get things done” in a fast-paced environment, and have strong project management experience
- managed influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- nurtured a strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- demonstrated excellent communication skills, and the ability to succinctly translate complex topics across a wide range of audiences
- successfully worked directly with clients, engendering trust and building outstanding client & partner relationships
- a BS or BA degree
- at least 10+ years of professional experience in technology/energy services or account management (with a strong preference for experience within a SaaS or enterprise software-related field, or in the energy or connected devices industry)
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
A real Time Monitoring & Controls System for Managing Household Power Consumption.