WHO YOU ARE
As an Intern in the Product Team at Sila, you will play a key role in helping us synthesize our human and signals intelligence in targeted areas in order to benefit executive decision making and business negotiations. The focus of your work will be on understanding the automotive battery supply chain in a quantitative and qualitative manner. You will work directly with Technical Product Management as the responsible party for generating such reporting as well as the VP of Automotive, our subject matter expert and key customer. Sila teams are highly technical so you will be comfortable working directly with technical teams and communicating clearly across different parts of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Synthesize existing intelligence and supplement with additional information from in-depth research and external outreach.
- Complete a full upstream and downstream mapping of the supply chain for targeted battery manufacturers servicing automotive markets.
- Complete a competitive analysis for targeted battery manufacturers, understanding how their current partners, technology, and strategic roadmap positions them with respect to other competitive battery manufacturers.
- Analyze quarterly shareholder/financial reporting of targeted battery manufacturers in order to understand financial position.
- Aggregate supply chain, competitive, and financial data into a single intelligence dossier, meant for distribution to VP and C-level executives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical field like Engineering or Physical Sciences. MBA or consulting experience preferred.
- Experience searching for, compiling, and analyzing market and financial data.
- Experience analyzing supply chains and material flows.
- Experience with Automotive, Raw Materials, or Battery Industries would be nice.
- Be comfortable working with and processing quantitative data.
- Be comfortable with technical & business audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation building skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND LOCATION
- Candidates must be based in California for the duration of the internship.