Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leading companies in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. With more than $6 billion in managed assets as of December 31, 2019, Hannon Armstrong’s core purpose is to make climate-positive investments with superior risk-adjusted returns. For more information, please visit www.hannonarmstrong.com
. Follow Hannon Armstrong on LinkedIn
and Twitter @HannonArmstrong
.POSITION SUMMARY Hannon Armstrong is seeking a tax and accounting manager that will be primarily focused on corporate and partnership tax accounting and compliance as well as supporting certain aspects of GAAP accounting for our renewable energy project partnerships. We will consider candidates for this position that possess skills that contribute positively to a highly motivated and entrepreneurial environment. In addition, this individual may be expected to learn new technical areas of tax as well as areas of GAAP accounting to be successful in this role. The individual will report to the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Management of the corporate and partnership tax compliance process with third-party tax service providers, including tax treatment of equity compensation plans
- Preparation and review of certain state franchise and property tax returns
- Management of the REIT compliance and reporting process
- Corporate tax planning and forecasting
- Assistance with the preparation of the quarterly GAAP tax provision
- Preparation and review of GAAP income allocations for equity investments in renewable energy project partnerships following the Hypothetical Liquidation at Book Value method (HLBV)
- Review of taxable income allocations from our equity investments in renewable energy project partnerships
- Collaboration with other departments to execute on responsibilities
- The report of periodic updates to Chief Accounting Officer on key responsibilities
WORK EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER COMPETENCIES
- At least five years of experience in a mix of partnership and corporate tax compliance in either a corporate tax department or a Big 4 or regional public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or tax and CPA designation required
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in maintaining 704(b) partnership capital accounts
- Experience or knowledge of REIT compliance requirements and the GAAP HLBV accounting method is a plus
- Strong proficiency in basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with an understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Ability to be proficient in a virtual work environment (to the extent permitted and/or required) utilizing technology communication tools such as Slack, Cisco Webex, etc.
- High caliber of professional interpersonal, communication, time management and presentation skills
- Ability to excel at projects that are highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to rapidly and accurately analyze complex information and communicate the information concisely
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work effectively with a variety of personality types
The Company maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all Federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, the Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices against any employee, intern, or applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Decisions regarding staffing, selection, and promotions are made on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.