Treau’s mission is to bring products to market that make people more comfortable, healthy, and productive, while dramatically reducing carbon emissions from the built environment. We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to design, test, and manufacture new, world-changing products, while having uncompromising focus and vision for our customer’s needs.
- Run Design for Manufacture (DFM) reviews, and provide DFM feedback on all mechanical prototypes and designs.
- Realize user interaction (UI) hardware, by building upon industrial design direction to design mechanical components, identity suppliers, and source components for prototypes through to production volume builds.
- Support in supply chain management and vendor selection for mechanical components.
- Work with the production and hardware teams to develop testing fixtures and assembly stations for design verification and online testing for manufacturing quality and reliability.
- Design sub-assemblies and components in CAD, including sheet metal parts and complex 3D surfaces.
- Develop and maintain excellent documentation, while actively contributing to Treau’s quality system.
- Lead design reviews, provide technical feedback and guidance, and mentor junior engineers.
- Shared commitment to building world-positive businesses and products, from climate change mitigation to design as a tool for increased human well-being.
- Ability to work with and communicate with engineering and business teams, manufacturing facilities, and partner suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to a dynamic startup environment, and to seek additional help/resources when needed.
- Experience with prototyping and fabrication of mechanical assemblies
- Shipped 2 or more hardware products.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 10% of time).
- Expert proficiency in Solidworks.
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing best practices.
- BS, MS, or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Advanced experience with Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly of systems with mechanical, electrical, and software components.
- Experience with thermal solutions and IoT products.
- Previous experience in the HVAC or energy sector.
Energy, Buildings & Cities, Manufacturing
Refrigerant Management, Heat Pumps, Net Zero Buildings, Retrofitting