At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
Our company is small, but focused and ambitious. By joining our team as the Software Manager of Stations, you will be creating the IOT platform that runs inside of our unique hardware. You will be responsible for the development and integration of our embedded system, ad platform, CV/ML and other hardware interfaces. You will work closely with the hardware team to enable new features and products through mass production into 10 year long field upgrades. You will perform engineering IC tasks in addition to the management duties of the team.
You will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Hold architecture and design reviews with your team members
- Create schedules and manage the scrum cycle of your team
- Architect, code and test your own features
- Mentor and manage employees at all career levels
- Grow the team in a responsible and timely manner
- Expert level of proficiency Linux OS
- 5+ years relevant working experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Demonstrable ability to influence and collaborate across organizational departments
- Demonstrable self-sufficiency and ability to own all aspects of your team's deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the electric vehicle or energy space
- Yocto, Docker
- Embedded firmware (i.e. FreeRTOS)
- RF protocols (i.e. BLE, Wifi, RFID, NFC)