We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager who has a passion for embedded systems on a very high visibility critical path project. This manager would oversee development on our multi carrier telematics module which enables LTE communication from the AV to the outside world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking. Join us, and you’ll help design something amazing for our customers that they’ve never before imagined.
What you'll be doing:
- You will analyze system requirements and implement at the link level, physical layer, and application level based on wireless standards and product requirements.
- You will actively work on writing low latency, high throughput code to enable direct video communication between the AV and the Cruise back office.
- You will be writing code and designing algorithms for packet prioritization.
- You will have a genuine interest in embedded software development.
What you must have:
- 3+ years of management experience
- Solid expertise in C & C++ and demonstrated experience in low level network programming
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and packet level network programming
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces
- Strategic planning and testing across multiple divisions, teams, and products
- Unix/Linux kernel development experience
- Debug system level issue in C++ and hardware components in the areas of networking performance, wireless coexistence and RF performance
- Experience architecting and developing frameworks from scratch
- Understanding of wireless protocols
- Experience with video codecs like MPEG2/4, H264/AVC, HEVC, etc.
- Knowledge of WebRTC
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.