Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
As a product designer, you’ll drive research, design and best practices for our growing product. We’re looking for a systems-level thinker with a dedication to craft -- who enjoys collaborating with product management, engineering and other designers to create intuitive, delightful and innovative experiences.
What you'll do
- Design systems that make the process of designing and selling solar easy and intuitive for solar professionals
- Own and drive the design vision for your product area. Support the team to progressively iterate towards it
- Craft a unique interface for our specific application’s use case and branding
- Further develop Aurora's data visualization, 3D graphics, solar sales & proposal features
- Work collaboratively with other product designers, PMs, and engineers to ship products
- Drive product design process -- from research, concepts, wireframes, and prototypes -- all the way to excellent visual execution
- Inform and guide the work of team members by providing clear, helpful and actionable feedback
- Help evaluate user observations and interviews, uncovering insights to create an exceptional user experience
What we value
- Minimum of 5 years experience in UX / Product design
- A portfolio that showcases your approach to solutions and attention to beauty
- Systems-level design thinking
- Dedication to craft and ability to iterate rapidly
- Ability to conduct user research, user interviews, usability testing, and to know when each is needed
- Demonstrated success designing elegant solutions for complex products
- Experience working with animation and complex transitions is a plus
- Experience building out complex consumer-grade B2B products is a plus
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.Aurora is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.