StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
A newly created position at StreetLight Data reporting to the VP of Product, our Documentation Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving StreetLight Data’s customer-facing documentation including responsibility for shaping our content in our customer-facing knowledge base, StreetLight Data Support Center, hosted on Zendesk Guide.
Working closely with Product, Engineering, Support, Training, Marketing, Customer Success and Solutions Engineering, you will lead the development and maintenance of content individually and in collaboration with subject-matter experts throughout the organization to provide documentation on technical topics, product features and functions, use cases and solutions that deliver high levels of customer satisfaction to both internal and external constituencies.
- Delve deeply into our product and the domain of transportation planning to develop the expertise needed to accurately and clearly describe to others the transportation metrics, features and functionality of StreetLight Insight® SaaS application and Route Science® big data technology platform, as well as future products and services
- Work closely with Product and Product Marketing to ensure customer personas for documentation are appropriately researched and defined, along with identifying any unique documentation requirements per persona
- Plan, develop and deliver new product release documentation that accurately represents the features and functionality of StreetLight Data’s product offerings for each monthly product release in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Product Team to develop and ensure effective product readme files, explainer videos and guided tours
- Work closely with the Customer Success and Customer Support organizations to understand and take ownership for the Support Center, it’s near term development and longer-term strategy for providing effective solution guides and how-to recipes across customer use cases to ensure customer understanding
- Develop plans and schedules for the revision of existing documentation and related content to ensure accurate, up-to-date and accessible content in the Support Center
- Actively participate in asking and answering questions within our internal community on Slack and customer-facing StreetLight Data Community forum
- Personally create and/or edit the content of other SMEs to provide documentation and related content written in a manner that is accessible and appropriate for the customer personas’ requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a technical field such as civil engineering, transportation planning, information technology or related field
- Superior skills in structuring and developing content to clearly explain complex technical concepts including traditional written documentation, graphical illustrations and modern multimedia content delivery
- At least 5 years experience writing technical documentation and related multimedia educational content or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to develop transportation planning industry knowledge if new to the field and deep product expertise for StreetLight Data’s mobility platform, applications and new products as they come online. This position is expected to develop and maintain a comprehensive grasp of the product and its uses in transportation planning and related new mobility applications
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams in an agile product development environment preferred
- SaaS experience a strong plus
- Start-up company experience a strong plus
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, multitasking environment that requires rapid context switches for successful execution
- Strong presentation and communication skills in all forms, written, verbal, in person and through video
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.