The New Energy Nexus mission is to support entrepreneurs and start-ups who are building the breakthrough solutions that will solve climate change and provide clean energy to all. We are a fast-growing international organization founded in California to provide commercial, technology and financial support to new ideas and young enterprises in clean and renewable energy.
New Energy Nexus Ventures (“Nexus Ventures”) is one of our initiatives to facilitate and provide grants and investment funding availability for smart, renewable energy and energy access entrepreneurs primarily in Indonesia and latter for other countries in Asia Pacific region. In the context of Indonesia, Nexus Ventures is working together with its affiliate in Indonesia i.e.
New Energy Nexus Indonesia (“Nexus Indonesia”) in providing funding for Indonesian renewable energy start-ups, which is one of main activities as described below:
1. Startup Incubation and Acceleration: helping new entrepreneurs across Indonesia develop their innovative clean energy business ideas and take it to market.
2. Microgrid Accelerator: A program specifically focused on supporting microgrid entrepreneurs in developing their business.
3. Stakeholder engagement and education: Through various programs to engage with prospective entrepreneurs and wider stakeholder groups on the benefits of clean energy entrepreneurship.
4. Seed Fund: Providing grant, pre-seed and seed funding to startups in our programs. The goal is to raise additional capital that can enable the fund to have maximum impact.
To support Nexus Indonesia’s expanding activities across Indonesia in making a significant impact in the nation’s transition to a low carbon economy, we are looking for a suitable candidate for the role above to be based in Singapore.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is driven by a passion for the New Energy Nexus mission and as an entrepreneurial thinker you can execute against daily responsibilities.
This role requires adequate understanding of startups development and ecosystem as well as funding in term of grants and other investment funding mechanisms for start-ups.
Knowledge in the renewable energy field is desirable.
A successful candidate will possess high-level of professional integrity, independent and have strong managerial and communications skills.
New Energy Nexus culture values audacity, innovation, collaboration and inclusion. We stand for a clean energy economy that works for all. Our organization’s entrepreneurial spirit is bolstered by staff who do not shy away from a challenge and are comfortable taking calculated risks.
● Develop and manage organizational budget
● Develop and manage internal financial control mechanisms
● Develop and manage financial and administrative guidelines and control procedures
● Coordinate the management of finance and general administrative as well as payment processing functions
● Initiate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders (including internal and external auditors) to ensure that financial and administrative records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and all information is provided in timely manners.
● Implement and monitor efficient and effective grant administrative system including grant document safekeeping, budgets and expenditure
● Maintain records of all approved grants and payments (and manage all change requests) and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities.
● Administer grant payments, evaluate grant records and grant monitoring reports in collaboration with the Investment Director, Nexus Indonesia Program Director and Program Managers.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
● Minimum 5 years of work experience in finance and accounting (and grant administration experience is a plus)
● Degree in accounting, finance or relevant fields
● Working experience with startups, incubators and accelerator programs (in clean energy sector is a plus)
● Proven experience in developing and managing organizational budget and monitoring skills ● Proven experience in developing internal financial control mechanisms, including financial and administrative guidelines and procedures
● Strong managerial, analytical and strategic thinking
● High degree of professional ethics and integrity, organizational, prioritization and timemanagement skills
● Good report writing skills and presentation as well as interpersonal and communication skills in English (and Bahasa Indonesia is preferable).
● Computer literacy for Microsoft Office and Quickbook and good report writing skills
● Independent and adept in remote teamwork setting involving collaboration in multicultural environment
● Comfortable in working in fast paced environments. This is a full-time position in Singapore for Singaporean citizen and Permanent Residents.