New Energy Nexus's mission is to support entrepreneurs and start-ups who are building the breakthrough solutions that will solve climate change and provide clean energy to all. We are a fast-growing international organization founded in California to provide commercial, technology and financial support to new ideas and young enterprises in clean and renewable energy. In Indonesia, New Energy Nexus conducts its activities through PT. New Energy Nexus Indonesia (“New Energy Nexus Indonesia”) to support the next generation of smart, renewable energy and energy access entrepreneurs in Indonesia. The goal for New Energy Nexus Indonesia is to become a self-sustaining local organization that will support and invest in clean energy startups across Indonesia and make a significant impact in the nation’s transition to a low carbon economy.
New Energy Nexus Indonesia consists of 4 main sub-programs:
1. Startup Incubation and Acceleration: helping new entrepreneurs across Indonesia develop their innovative clean energy business ideas and take it to market.
2. Microgrid Accelerator: A program specifically focused on supporting microgrid entrepreneurs in developing their business.
3. Stakeholder engagement and education: Through various programs to engage with prospective entrepreneurs and wider stakeholder groups on the benefits of clean energy entrepreneurship.
4. Seed Fund: Providing grant, pre-seed and seed funding to startups in our programs. The goal is to raise additional capital that can enable the fund to have maximum impact.
We are looking for a highly qualified Investment Manager to be part of New Energy Nexus Indonesia and reporting to its Investment Director.
This role requires adequate understanding of startups development and ecosystem as well as early stage funding in term of grants, equity and other investment funding suitable for early stage start-ups. Knowledge in the renewable energy field is desirable.
A successful candidate will possess high-level of professional integrity, strong managerial and communication skills spanning from investing, managing, consulting and providing support to investees to grow in term of financial returns as well as social and environmental impact.
New Energy Nexus culture values audacity, innovation, collaboration and inclusion. We stand for a clean energy economy that works for all. Our organization’s entrepreneurial spirit is bolstered by staff who do not shy away from a challenge and are comfortable taking calculated risks.
● Proactive in developing New Energy Nexus positioning and networks for identifying and evaluating potential investees and similarly co-investment opportunities with other investors that fit into its investment criteria
● Initiate, screen, conduct and complete due – diligence (legal, compliance, finance) on potential investees
● Develop, review and update financial models and transaction structuring for potential investment opportunities
● Assist in preparing investment approval memo and valuation work as well as other documentations as necessary
● Support and conduct investment negotiation, finalize investment documentation and other documents related to the investments up to transaction closing and responsible for post-investment management activities
● Monitor and maintain updated records of all investment related documentations (including grant documentation)
● Establish, maintain strong engagement and provide supports to investees in monitoring their performance from both financial and impact aspects and reviewing compliance
● Initiate, liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders (including internal and external) to ensure that the 4 sub-programs of New Energy Nexus Indonesia are wellaligned
● Provide supports on other ad-hoc matters as required and as appropriate.
Preferred Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
● Minimum 5 years of work experience involving early stage investments (such as venture capital and other related fields) with exposure to financial analysis and modeling, legal and compliance due diligence activities.
● Bachelor or Master’s degree in Law, Business, Finance and Accounting or MBA qualification, with CFA Level 1 will be considered as a plus
● Have excellent analytical, financial modelling skills on early stage investment valuation and modelling
● Have work ethic to collaborate with a desire to grow and learn and possess a can – do attitude
● Outstanding presentation, interpersonal and communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
● Have experience and networks working with startups, incubators and venture capital programs in Indonesia and in Southeast Asia is a plus
● Have knowledge and understanding (renewable) energy related regulations in Indonesia is a plus
● High degree of professional ethics and integrity, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
● Independent and adept in remote teamwork setting involving collaboration in multicultural environment
This is a full-time position, based in Jakarta, Indonesia.