Primergy Solar - an investment platform focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and stand-alone energy assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for facilitating vendor selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing contract administration for Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE), in support of Primergy’s solar and solar+storage development pipeline. She/he will also develop and implement a multi-year procurement strategy through collaboration with legal, development, and engineering.
1. Deal Management:
a. Focus on a multi-year procurement strategy for Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE), and coordinates bidding and vendor selection, contract negotiation, and execution planning for projects in development.
b. The recommended decision(s) will be clear in scope, schedule, and price as to which technologies and services will be selected.
c. Define and Own the Selection process for all products and services. The process will be based on an LCOE/LCOS perspective with risk identified, including schedule, warranty, and other identified risks.
d. Participate in competitive RFP processes, in conjunction with the engineering to solicit vendors
e. Negotiate terms & pricing with support from legal
f. Establish and follow procurement best practices and policies
g. Project manages the overall procurement process for products and EPC services. The management will include working with legal, development, engineering, and construction on scope, schedule, specifications, testing, and warranty;
2. Supplier Management: Maintain supplier relationships; conduct regular assessments of suppliers through business review meetings that analyze the supplier’s financial, technical and commercial strength, along with competitive advantages in the market; maintain pricing roadmaps; Perform factory audits to support the supplier qualification process;
3. Technology & Services Selection: In coordination with engineering, provide decision analysis to evaluate the best procurement plan for upcoming deals with an LCOE/LCOS basis of decision. Product and services procurement
b. Energy Storage Systems
e. Construction/EPC Services
4. Outside Projects: Work with other teams as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred.
2. Requires in-depth, 7+ year, knowledge of the renewable energy industry specific to market pricing, market technology trends, and procurement strategies in solar and energy storage.
3. Experience with medium and high voltage substation procurement
4. Experience in leading negotiations, demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
5. History of reviewing and approving logistics plans
6. High comfort level reviewing and approving contractual details, including warehousing, warranty, logistics/transport, payment terms, insurance, and milestone definitions
7. Teamwork including working in conjunction with Engineering to review warranty, testing, and quality management as relates to all product procurement, as well as working with finance to ensure correlation between procurement contracts and financial models
8. Ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis in the context of technology deployment, with experience reviewing the LCOE/LCOS as well as relationship and risk management items associated with procurement
9. Monitor regulatory requirements for procurement of solar and energy storage products as pertains to tariffs, executive orders, and local procurement legislation at a project level. The focus here will be experience with controls products in the solar and energy storage market.
1. Practiced and proven negotiating and cost analysis skills specific to procurement solar and energy storage markets
2. Comfortable with regular reporting, with the ability to demonstrate recommendations validity through cost and risk analysis presentation
3. Strategic thinking and a Self-Starter
4. Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
5. Excellent time management and organizational ability
6. Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
7. Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.