Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role
The User Experience Research at Imperfect focuses on understanding how the modern customer grocery shops, the role that technology plays in everyday purchasing decisions, and how Imperfect might help everyone fulfill a mission of fighting food waste by making it easier to shop sustainably. As our first UX Researcher, you will have the unique opportunity to establish processes and best practices to strike the right balance between rigor and experimentation, and uncover new opportunities for discovery. Your work will inform teams throughout the company and drive key roadmap decisions.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and synthesize research sessions with existing users as well as potential new customers to inform experiences and drive company strategy
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and evangelize those insights to build empathy throughout the organization
- Give regular guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Establish training, best practices, and scalable consulting processes to ensure that product teams (and beyond!) at Imperfect can do tactical research with rigor
- Build a close relationship with our Business Intelligence and Customer Insights teams to leverage data and customer service feedback.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of conducting actionable UX research for digital products
- Deep experience with a variety of research methods, at all stages of the product development process
- Experience conducting rapid and effective research and sharing actionable insights in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
- Demonstrated ability to marry qualitative insights with quantitative data to tell a complete story
- Bonus points: Experience helping product teams learn to conduct and synthesize their own user research; Previous experience with ecommerce or consumer goods; Experience with statistical analysis
- Hyper-organized - in your work and how you communicate
- Curious, passionate, and positive
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of Product
- Based out of our San Francisco Bay Area HQ (working remotely until safe to return)
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screensStanding desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.