Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
The rapidly growing Channel Partnership division is a cross-functional team comprising Partner Sales, Partner Success, and Partner Enablement and responsible for growing Arcadia's customer base across the United States. We partner with brands across financial services, energy, hospitality, insurance, retail, and more to turn their customers, employees, and tenants into Arcadia members. You can learn more about our partners and their stories here.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Account Executive, Partner Sales to drive new customer acquisition by prospecting, qualifying, and closing strategic channel partnership opportunities. This individual will play an instrumental, uniquely measurable role in the growth of our member base by pitching and executing deals that benefit new & existing partners while boosting Arcadia brand affinity and registrations at scale. The ideal candidate is ambitious and self-sufficient yet still a team player, who’s capable of both following a playbook and thinking outside the box to successfully activate new, unconventional approaches & previously untapped markets.
This role can be based in Washington, D.C., or New York and will report to the Sr. Director, Partnerships. Eventually, minimal travel within the U.S. may be required.
What you'll do:
- Build, lead, and grow your own book of business, partnering with our top accounts (Fortune 500, Fortune 100, tech and fintech companies) and working with partners across industries to subscribe their customers, employees, or tenants to Arcadia
- Pipeline customers through a combination of cold calling, email campaigns, and market sector knowledge
- Drive significant growth in the market for new clients, achieving or exceeding individual customer acquisition goals
- Manage complete and complex partner sales cycles, presenting and pitching to senior sustainability, marketing, human resources, and/or property management professionals the value of an Arcadia partnership and our platform for their end-user
- Define, execute, and own an engagement plan for key prospects
- Develop and manage strong relationships cross-functionally with our Member Experience, Finance, Marketing, Enterprise Partnerships, and Data Science & Analytics teams
- Look for opportunities to drive more customers from each partnership, add value for our partners, and develop additional partnership opportunities and/or verticals
- Identify and research new territories/verticals to formalize a go-to-market strategy and create qualified target accounts
What will help you succeed:
- BA/BS degree or similar college-level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years channel partner sales, B2B or B2C sales, digital marketing, technology sales, and/or account management experience
- Ability to reach and develop relationships with C-level executives in key verticals (pre-existing relationships across our buyer personas a plus)
- Understanding of channel partner ecosystem, energy and utility landscape and relationships
- Successful history of net direct new business sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets
- Track record of success in partnering with businesses, selling tech platforms, and complex solutions
- Ability to balance a strategic view to a prospective partner with a fast-paced transactional approach
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles and partnerships; demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management
- Experience in bringing innovative/market-defining products to market
- Ability to work well in a team selling environment
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Salesforce experience
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Experience with TUNE (formerly HasOffers), Google Analytics, and/or Tableau
- Experience with or knowledge of energy, utilities, solar, RECs, and/or other aspects of clean energy
- Channel partnership specific sales or account management experience
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.