Primergy Solar - an investment platform focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and stand-alone energy assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Director of Origination and Power Marketing will be responsible for marketing Primergy’s solar and solar + storage projects to various customers and being a vital part of the team in conducting due diligence during the acquisition of projects and development assets. The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully negotiating the terms of agreements for various off-take structures, including PPAs, virtual PPAs, alternative off-take arrangements, and build-to-own agreements as well as be responsible for coordinating with management on projects, energy products, pricing, and risk management. Responsibilities also including understanding market rules, providing strategic direction, and analyzing competitive issues. Experience in originating, pricing, analyzing, structuring, and leading negotiations on solar and solar plus energy storage off-take agreements is required. Evaluating fundamental issues and in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the Company’s goals will also be required. A wide range of contacts and relationships with IOU, Coops, Munis, Public Power, CCAs, Corporate, and IPP energy off-take parties is highly preferred. The job holder will be expected to know and understand all regional RTOs/ISOs, and other regulatory entities in the US and Canadian markets, as well as to represent the Company in all local, regional and national markets and industry forums.
- Develop and execute the origination and power marketing strategy and business plan to secure renewable energy sales to achieve Primergy’s overall goals.
- Provide market intelligence feedback, market assessments, and off-take strategies to M&A and Development teams to inform Primergy’s acquisition strategies.
- Initiate bilateral contract relationships and negotiations with potential off-
- Review and evaluate requests for bids (RFPs/RFIs) and work with the team to respond with proposals, pricing, term sheets, issues lists, and redlined definitive documents sufficient to engage the end-user and start the negotiation process.
- Negotiate and close definitive documents with off-takers, including PPAs, virtual PPAs, and other energy product agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and executives among Primergy’s identified key customers.
- Lead, inspire, and empower highly energetic and results-driven teammates.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in US power finance, trading, origination, sales & marketing, or comparable experience is required. Solar development and power marketing experience are preferred.
- Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent customer-focused, commercial management, negotiation, and influencing skills, is required.
- Working from a base other than Oakland, CA is a possibility for the right candidate
- Honesty, transparency and integrity.
- Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for solar experience in US competitive wholesale electricity markets as well as vertically integrated markets.
- Impressive track record negotiating and closing power and/or renewable energy deals are required.
- Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
- Skills and knowledge with a combination of renewable energy technologies are required.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale renewable power generation development and marketing.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers within our business.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
- Strong personal relationships and reputation in the power and/or renewable energy industry.
- Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.