Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and productization of the sensor and computer hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for an innovative self-starter who is excited to work as an exceptional mechanical test engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, executing, and documenting component, assembly, and system-level testing. You will establish functional and performance standards and ensure hardware complies with specifications.
- Write detailed test plans and procedures for environmental and mechanical tests
- Design test fixtures and develop test scripts and data acquisitions systems
- Design and perform experiments to collect field data to measure vehicle environments
- Work cross functionally to analyze test results, identify test failure root cause, and implement and verify corrective actions
- Hold test design, test readiness, and data reviews
- Support needs for prototype and production testing
- BS in mechanical engineering + 7 years of industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in testing automotive, consumer electronics, or aerospace components
- Experience with shock, vibration, thermal, and IP tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with basic structural, thermal, and modal analysis
- Experience with CAD software (CATIA or 3DExperience preferred)
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5 GD&T and comfort in drafting engineering drawings
- Prior experience in National Instruments and Keysight test platforms
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.