Zoox is looking for a software engineer to help us build state-of-the-art mapping pipelines that combine data from a wide variety of sensors as well as localization algorithms that make use of these maps in real time. We're looking for an engineer with an advanced degree and experience building mapping and localization systems that work with real data in uncertain environments.
- Fluency in C / C++
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. IMU, LiDAR, camera, odometry, radar)
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Strong understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.