Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely. We're looking for a software engineer with an advanced degree and experience building real-time motion planning/trajectory generation algorithms for robots in uncertain environments.
- Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Fluency in C / C++
- Understanding of configuration spaces and a variety of planning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create realtime motion planning algorithms
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematical and geometrical skills
- Significant contributions to geometric- and/or sampling-based planning algorithms
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.