Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely.
A key piece of building this complex software is measuring its performance. As a software engineer for motion planning metrics, you will use vehicle and simulation data to help our motion planning developers understand how the vehicle is driving. You should be passionate about developing innovative metrics for driving behavior and/or system performance that support decisions, direct efforts, and provide clarity.
- Experience in a data-focused role, performing analyses that inform decision making, or PhD in a relevant field
- Strong Python skills for moving and analyzing data
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to make arguments via data, metrics, and their presentation
- Proficient in C++, R, or Spark
- Strong statistics background
- Motion planning or controls background
- Passion for vehicles, mobile robots, and/or autonomy
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.