Zoox is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join our Advanced Hardware Engineering team and focus on building an automated test system for emulating various sensors. In this role, you will architect, design, code, document and lead the work from start to finish.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong design and programming skills in C/C++, including object-oriented design and multi-threaded software
- Experience with CUDA and GPU programming
- Experience with OpenGL
- Linux development experience
- Experience developing code using scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Familiarity with networking protocols for data transfer and timing (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, PTP)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to understand requirements and clearly document tools
- Experience with electronics (debugging, reading schematics, etc.)
- Use of multimeters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes to debug basic electrical issues
- Background in developing standard-compliant software such as ISO 26262
- Familiarity with console and graphical UI frameworks, such as Qt
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.