As a software systems architect at Zoox, you will ensure that Zoox’s safety-, mission-, and business-critical software systems are scalable, safe, and ready for real-world deployment. You will analyze and comprehend complex software and hardware at varying levels of abstraction, then architect and lead the implementation of robust software systems that are introspectable, maintainable, testable, and — above all — well-understood.
This role requires a healthy distrust for disjointed fixes and solutions and a desire to architect systems of which the correct behavior is a natural outcome.
- Work cross-functionally and at different levels within the organization to understand existing systems, identify gaps, and define future needs
- Develop robust hardware and software architectures and frameworks that meet the functional and safety requirements for the world’s best autonomous mobility service, ensuring readiness for deployment
- Lead the development and testing of the architectures and frameworks you design
- Evangelize and ensure continued alignment for the efforts you lead
- Propose innovative methods and tools to develop high-assurance hardware and software systems that are scalable, maintainable, and well-understood
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant subject such as software engineering, computer science, electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle safety-critical software development, including requirements, design, integration, validation, and verification
- 2+ years of experience designing and leading the development of complex hardware and software systems
- Hands-on experience with real-time, safety-critical hardware and software
- Deep understanding of computer architectures and complex digital systems
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Competence in C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to estimate and plan development efforts
- Experience with development and test processes supporting vehicle certification (ISO-26262, ISO-21448, DO-178B/C, DO-254, DO-160)
- Experience with MATLAB, Python
- Experience with modeling languages (SysML, UML)
- Familiarity with formal verification methods and tools (Spin, TLA+, etc)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.