Zoox's Hardware Software Integration is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. As an electrical integration engineer, you will oversee the deployment of next-generation compute and sensor and data networking systems for autonomous vehicles. Candidates should have a solid software/networking background as well as knowledge of lower-level hardware (PCBs).
This role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, ensuring that hardware systems operate predictably at all times. This team is the first line of defense for any issues with our vehicle fleet. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is excited about being on-call as the first responder to triage and debug difficult HW/SW integration issues.
- Assist the Hardware Software Integration team in supporting various autonomous vehicle platforms
- Work cross-functionally to help characterize vehicle functionality, features, and behaviors
- Provide on-call support for autonomous vehicle missions and serve as the first responder for new HW/SW issues
- Work with Software SREs (site reliability engineers) to improve supporting infrastructure
- Use data and metric gathering to feed back data to validate theories or models
- Develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve system level coexistence issues
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or computer science
- Networking and operating systems background essential
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong experience with in Ubuntu and other UNIX systems
- Experience with reading circuit schematics and working with PCBs
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with RF and EMI characterization or Mechatronics experience
- Experience with environmental testing (vibration and thermal)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.