As a systems engineer for perception safety, you will be working on perception systems and perception safety metrics to develop validation approaches, validate simulation tools, and assess perception performance. You will be working in close collaboration with perception algorithms and sensor hardware development teams.
- Assess and evaluate perception system architectures and design to meet product requirements and achieve safety targets
- Conduct analysis and develop requirements for perception algorithms and systems
- Establish safety performance metrics, and develop tools for performance analysis and validation of perception systems
- Develop test methods and solutions based on real world data and simulation
- Automate processes for continuously improving results
- Development of tools for processing large datasets
- MS or higher degree in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, or systems engineering
- 3+ years of experience with environment perception system with Vision, LiDAR, and Radar
- Strong analytical skills and 2+ years of experience with scripting or programming languages such as Python, Matlab, or C++
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in robotics, aerospace, or automotive engineering
- Experience in design or testing and validating high performance complex systems
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning
- Experience in modeling, statistics and probability theory
- Experience with safety critical hardware, software, sensing components
- Experience with a large database management tool, such as Redshift in SQL
- Consistent track records of strong collaboration skills and attention to details in past projects
- Familiarity with ISO 21448 and ISO 26262
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.