Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. As a technical program manager, you will work cross-functionally with engineering leaders across software, hardware, vehicle engineering, and product to drive our corporate strategy into tactical and detailed road maps that facilitate effective execution at each stage of our growth curve. You will work with each engineering team to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
You will also facilitate and support time-sensitive key strategic and tactical decisions by framing the decisions appropriately and ensuring that information is complete and clearly communicated. It is your job to ensure that all engineering groups are coordinated, understand their priorities, and are on track to deliver on our milestones on time and on budget.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional leaders and Finance team to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget)
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified
- Proactively ensure that risk-mitigating actions are ongoing within the engineering teams
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Deep familiarity with software, hardware, or automotive development processes
- Strong track record of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.