Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric C02 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job openings and requirements below:
The Account Manager – Retail is instrumental to the growth and scale of Impossible Foods’ business in
alignment with the corporate strategy. The Account Manager – Retail Sales will be the key day to day
point of contact in managing customer relationships, develop and budget trade promotions, and achieve
overall sales goals while collaborating closely on shopper marketing programs. This position can work out of our Chicago, IL office or remotely out of the Northeast and will report to the Director of Retail Sales.
- Develop and grow relationships across buyers at retailers to build the Impossible business. Work with brokers, distributors, and business partners to support the business.
- Present products, conduct category reviews, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts. Including but not limited to: table top presentations, trade/industry events, coordinating in-store demos, and other field related activities.
- Understand customer business needs, and build short and long-term strategies to drive mutually beneficial results.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategic partnerships and joint business plans with key customers.
- Define and implement account launch plans to drive sales, including initial trial, and meet both retailer and company expectations.
- Develop calendar for customer touch points - define who needs to be involved at each meeting, purpose for each interaction, etc. (top-to-tops, market visits, etc.)
- Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets and goals, and establish a plan for achieving them.
- Manage total customer spending and deduction management in a timely manner and within budget.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for the S&OP process for each account owned
- Collaborate with the Director of Retail Sales to execute the sales strategy which includes defining clear objectives and challenging goals to gain market share.
- Manage tools and materials the sales organization needs to achieve business objectives, including Salesforce CRM platform and trade spend software solution.
- Coordinate activities with the MarComms team including but not limited to: shopper marketing, digital/social media and influencer campaigns, increasing awareness and sell-through with target demographics, and planning and deploying demos/sampling events
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university.
- 7-10 years of CPG/food retail sales experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals. Preference for experience in selling refrigerated grocery items.
- A genuine interest and passion for Impossible Food's mission.
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering retail sales.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, MarComms, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment.
- A positive attitude and drive to excel.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.