Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric C02 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job openings and requirements below:
- Identify and apply new and existing packaging materials and technologies towards the development of innovative new products and the enhancement of existing products that consumers find appealing and easy to use, packaging that is compelling and allows Impossible Foods to "win at the store shelf"
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (PDC, Marketing, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner
- Work with vendors to identify new packaging and technologies that may be utilized by Impossible Foods
- Design, plan and execute packaging related studies for bench top, pilot plant and manufacturing scale trials; gathering and analyzing data, documenting and reporting results, and make recommendations based on findings
- Develop, review and update packaging specifications as appropriate
- Define and conduct sensory tests, shelf life and product stability studies, to inform package selection, product storage, labeling, and handling requirements
- Provide strong technical leadership within a cross-functional team to drive the design and development of innovative new products or optimization of existing packages List education, experience & skills requirements
- BS/MS degree in Packaging, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- 4-6+ years work experience in food product packaging (experience in CPG packaging will also be considered)
- Strong technical expertise and working knowledge of multiple packaging related disciplines, such as: barrier flexible films, plastic parts and related forming technology, corrugated paper components along with scale-up and manufacturing line requirements
- Experience and technical competency in primary, secondary and tertiary packaging design and qualification (e.g. product/package compatibility, manufacturing and distribution qualification)
- Knowledge of packaging software such as TOPS or CAPE
- Knowledge of DOE and statistics
- Travel: At least 10%, depending on project needs
- This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.