Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric C02 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job openings and requirements below:
The China Development Director will be responsible for building Impossible’s strategy, relationships, and partnerships to accelerate Impossible’s expansion into China. The role will work with Impossible’s headquarters and China teams to implement Impossible’s strategy by building the network, intelligence, and relationships needed for to achieve targeted strategic expansion initiatives. The role will be a combination of strategy, landscaping, scouting, relationship building, and deal development. This role will report to the Director of China.
- Analyze tradeoffs and construct models to create detailed development and go to market strategies and business model opportunities
- Create full picture of the market landscape in relation to the targeted business and business model (e.g. list of distribution partners with full analysis on each for a targeted geography)
- Identify new China opportunities by monitoring industry, government, consumer and competitive developments
- Scout for the proper connections into organizations from top to bottom and build a network of alliances at all levels of organizations; build strong relationships with all key decision makers and influential players
- For sales and partnership opportunities, create shortlist of target opportunities and develop the deal in conjunction with the strategy - business model and partnership structure strategy
- Develop recommendation with cross-functional leadership team and generate alignment around partnership decisions
- Work cross-functionally with broader China and headquarters teams to prioritize and keep everything connected to corporate strategy
- Based in China; onboarding in the US
- 15+ years of experience with strong China strategy and business development background
- Mandarin language skills required
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- Great people person who can build strong relationships in many different business cultures
- Strategic thinker with strong ability to connect opportunities with various corporate strategies
- Highly resourceful, with the ability to prioritize, juggle many balls at once and creatively to find unique solutions
- Can accomplish a lot with limited resources and autonomy
- Experience finding, evaluating, and building China partnerships
- Strong cross-functional leader who can create and drive processes and decisions
- Experience working abroad and/or working for a US company on development of the Chinese markets
- Mission driven with genuine interest and passion for Impossible’s mission
- Experience in food industry preferred
- Great people and communication skills (internal and external) with capability to build and maintain strong relationships while representing Impossible externally
- Ability to create compelling, persuasive presentations and other materials to develop new business opportunities
- Experience with many types of business models and partnership structures
- Creative, blast through obstacles, do everything it takes to succeed approach
- Driven by working in fast paced, dynamic, highly cross-functional environments
- Ability to travel consistently, primarily to China
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.