Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric C02 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job openings and requirements below:
The U.S. Tax Lead will work with the Head of Tax and business and finance personnel in a hands-on role managing the day-to-day U.S. federal and state and local planning and compliance of the Tax Department. This position will manage the U.S. federal and state and local income tax, property tax and indirect taxes (e.g., sales/use/VAT) of the Company to ensure full compliance with related reporting obligations and identifying tax savings opportunities and minimizing potential exposures. The U.S. Tax Lead will also be involved with income tax account matters, and ad-hoc international planning initiatives as necessary.
The U.S. Tax Lead must have strong analytical, interpersonal communication and leadership skills and effectively collaborate in a matrixed environment to help execute on business initiatives and tax compliance and planning requirements.
- Manage and lead the U.S. federal and state/local tax compliance process including income, franchise property, sales and use, and miscellaneous tax reporting to ensure deadlines are timely efficiently met.
- Partner with the accounting and finance teams to ensure accurate information is procured for preparation of compliance obligations.
- Oversee and manage the sales, use and property tax compliance processes in coordination with a mix of internal and external resources.
- With external resource support, lead the preparation, support and filing of the consolidated U.S. federal income tax return.
- Lead and effectively manage all external tax audits conducted by the IRS and various states and local governments. This includes preparation and/or review of Company’s responses to information data requests and notices of proposed adjustments.
- Support the monthly, quarterly and annual tax provision preparation and review process in accordance with ASC 740 and tax disclosure requirements; including calculation of book/tax differences, review of tax account reconciliations and assistance with the preparation of the tax footnotes to financial statements.
- Lead the annual R&D credit analysis to efficiently maximize the Company’s tax credit position.
- Actively monitor U.S. federal and state tax legislative changes and implement mitigation plans to minimize tax exposure to the Company.
- Identify, analyze and implement short and long-term tax savings strategies by collaborating with various external resources, including internal business partners.
- Work closely with business partners and other corporate functions such as legal, treasury, supply chain and payroll, and on cross functional teams, as needed on new business initiatives to ensure a tax efficient outcomes and operations.
- Lead the completion of and/or assistance with various special projects related to domestic and international expansion.
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in Finance, Business, or Accounting. A Masters in Tax and/or an LLM in Tax is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in roles focused on U.S. federal and state and local tax compliance, research and planning, and ASC 740.
- Work experience at U.S.-based multinationals and/or Big 4 with increasing levels of responsibility in tax is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. federal and state tax laws and regulations and research tools.
- Hands on experience researching and documenting complex tax issues, implementing tax savings strategies, effectively dealing with U.S. and state tax authority audits, leading compliance preparation and timely filing, and interfacing with business partners and leaders.
- Comfortable collaborating on cross-functional teams and communicating with executive and other senior management.
- Experience and are comfortable with analysis and reporting utilizing accounting and tax software, databases and Excel spreadsheets.
- A focused, self-motivated, and energetic attitude with a strong work ethic, along with a strong business and bottom-line focus geared toward tax efficient results and outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.