Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric C02 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job openings and requirements below:
As a member of the HR Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Vice President of Total Rewards will be a key strategic partner to the Impossible Foods leadership team and board of directors. This is an opportunity to design, develop and implement a total rewards philosophy, architecture and mindset across a high-growth company that is fundamentally changing and challenging existing paradigms in the food technology industry.
- Provide pragmatic, inspiring and innovative vision and leadership to total rewards that focuses on the employee experience and impacts business results.
- Provide thought leadership and build total rewards programs that will ensure we meet our goals of attracting, developing and retaining the best talent whilst maintaining fiscal discipline.
- Partner with the Chief People Officer, executive leadership and communications team to develop, execute and communicate key benefits and compensation programs.
- Ensure our programs are market-competitive, aligned with our business goals and in compliance with company policies and relevant government regulations.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics to support development of cost-effective compensation and benefits programs, including proposals for program changes and utilization.
- Provide expertise and guidance to executive leadership team, compensation committee, functional leaders and HR colleagues on pay decisions, policy benefits interpretations and job leveling.
- Oversee the compensation and benefits administration process, including the planning and implementation of annual salary reviews, merit increases, short/long term incentives and benefits enrollment.
- Monitor compensation, benefits and legislative trends in the competitive market and ensure our total rewards programs are designed to attract/retain high performers and key talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of compensation & benefits experience, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth global company. Minimum 5 years’ Total Rewards team leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in compensation analysis, trends and compensation best practices in a multi-disciplined environment, including with technical (scientific) and business development.
- Strong consulting, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing and co-leading compensation committee discussions.
- Deep analytical, pragmatic and adaptable mindset, with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to partner effectively with business leaders and people team colleagues to define and deliver effective processes, data and programs that support the business goals.
- Bias towards action (with a strong sense of urgency) and a continuous process improvement mindset.
- Advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) certification a strong plus. Experience working with contemporary HR Technology platforms (i.e. ADP/Workday) a plus. International experience strongly preferred
- This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.