Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
Aurora is looking for mindful and strategic product managers who have a passion for delivering simple, useful and delightful solutions to complex problems.
We’re looking for customer-obsessed product people who are dedicated to bringing the voice of our customers to every table and empowering our organization to solve problems for our customers in meaningful and delightful ways.
We’re looking for outcome-focused product people who believe that outputting features is not what product is about; solving for the jobs customers need to get done while growing our business is what you relentlessly care about pursuing.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Set the vision, strategy and product roadmap for your team
- Prioritize solving problems that add customer value and deliver business results
- Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from customers
- Validate opportunities and mitigate risks upfront through qualitative and quantitative research
- Discover the best solutions to customer problems using agile and lean product strategies and techniques
- Partner with engineering to define scope, requirements, and timeline for deliverables
- Work collaboratively within your product team and with other teams to deliver valuable and delightful user experiences
- Evangelize customer needs, problems, and feedback throughout the organization
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure the effectiveness of the experiences and outcomes and continue to iterate until goals are met
What we value:
- 4+ years of product management experience working on web products (SaaS preferred) with a strong comprehension of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research
- Big thinker: must have a strong product vision and business instincts
- Proven leader: able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone and influence company management
- Outcome-oriented: articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations
- Rigorous: asks hard questions, validates their assumptions, and makes sure dots connect on goals
- Excellent communicator
- Passionate about creating great consumer experiences for B2B
- Bonus: Technical degree or background
- Bonus: Design background or proficiency
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.
Aurora is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.