One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to increase the global community's resilience to natural hazards. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate, motivated and high reaching people to join our team. One Concern Japan is a small and growing team that has a startup mentality and is the frontline for One Concern’s efforts in Japan. Japan is a strong market for One Concern, and as a Japan Solutions Architect you will be one of the key early members of this team reporting directly to the Japan Country Manager.
One Concern is seeking a curious and creative individual who thrives on solving challenging problems and is able to boil highly technical concepts down to simple terms. You will be challenged daily to translate customer needs and requirements into tangible offerings from One Concern’s product suite. The role requires both an ability to achieve buy-in from internal stakeholders at HQ on customer needs, as well as communicate capabilities, technical methodologies, validation methodologies, etc. to Japanese customers in simple terms.
- Strategic, creative, problem-solving mindset obsessed with solving problems
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline (Experience in AI / Statistical Modeling)
- 1-3 years of software or data science engineering experience with multi-national company
- 3-5 years of client-facing technology consultant experience (e.g. Accenture) for private sector customers with multi-national company
- Knowledge and/or experience in Machine Learning, or Artificial Intelligence
- Bilingual in Japanese & English
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ownership and accountability in his or her work
- Mission driven
- Interact routinely with HQ-based engineering and data science to keep up-to-date on the latest engineering architectures, security protocols, and data science models and architectures and validation methodologies
- Support pre-sales efforts to craft technical sales materials to explain One Concern technology accurately and with significant depth
- Travel to clients and support sales reps to field technical questions and provide details on our technical solutions. You will be the customer-facing representative of the engineering and data science teams.
- Craft solution packages closely with Global Solutions Team and technical teams in HQ and write business terms for clients based on the technical requirements
- Support post-sales efforts to configure One Concern products for client needs and ensure a smooth onboarding and hand-off to Customer Success
- Regularly collaborate with the Global Solutions Team on challenges, opportunities, technical questions and concerns from clients
- PhD in a technical discipline (Experience in AI / Statistical Modeling)
- MBA from a prestigious institution
- Experience with disaster management or business continuity
Perks and Benefits
- Market Competitive Salary plus Equity
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Generous PTO Policy
- Team Offsites