One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to increase the global community's resilience to natural hazards. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate, motivated, and high-reaching engineers to join our team. Our engineering challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to create systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to shape and guide the direction of our technology eco-system as well as take on component implementations yourself. You will apply and teach best practices in development processes where needed, and use a light touch where not needed. You will foster transparency and collaboration - bringing people together to work on the system solution rather than acting as a lone wolf. You will act as a mentor for more junior engineers and demonstrate pragmatism in favor of ‘the perfect’. You will keep abreast of new technologies, but be a cautious early adopter, recognizing the need to build a stable solution familiar to team members.
- Collaborate with product, data science Ph.Ds, fellow engineers and operations to deploy microservices and data pipelines for ML models
- Lead standups, actively communicate between teams
- Collaborate with the team to find the right place to implement a solution, as opposed to the place that is in front of you
- Work with or create geospatial aware infrastructure services
- Collaborate with Product Team on ideation, timelines and engineering effort
- Ensure that your component does what it says on the box, is easy to operate and meets the quality expectations through automation.
- 7+ years experience, degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in Argo and/or Kubernetes on GKE
- Fluency in one of the following: Python, Go, or React
- Strong knowledge of databases, preferably PostgreSQL in particular with PostGIS
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work on-site 2-3 days a week
Bonus points if you have
- Experience building production quality, creative end-to-end Machine Learning systems
- Experience working with large datasets
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Professional experience in 3 or more programming languages like for example typescript, python and go.
- Used Elasticsearch and gotten other people to use it because you liked it a lot
Perks and benefits
- Market-competitive salary plus equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches, and a fully-stocked kitchen
- Generous PTO policy
- Team off-sites
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.