Come Do Your Best Work
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation. We believe in working together with transportation departments, community groups, and neighborhoods -- not in spite of them. This approach enabled us to receive the first permitted system of our kind in the U.S.
We’ve been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade, and we have experience building safe and innovative products. Our founding team started Boosted Board in 2011 and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We’ve launched our service in some of the largest U.S. cities, and we have charted a path for rapidly expanding Skip across the country. To get there, we need your help!
The Scooter Technician's Assistant will service and repair scooters to maintain the highest level of quality and safety. We are looking for an aspiring junior mechanic that loves bringing things back to life and has a real commitment to detail and quality.
What is expected of you
- The ability to pass a background check
- Forecast parts demand and work to fulfill parts order
- Maintain the accuracy of inventory including manual hand-counting of parts
- Update records in an Excel or Google database
- Receive merchandise from vendor(s) and compare against packing list
- Stock parts on the repair floor for technicians’ usage
- Determine quantity of parts to be ordered based on the technicians’ usage
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Identify salvage vehicles for stripping and spare parts
- Properly dispose of used parts through garbage and recycling haulers
- Be self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Previous experience working on automotive, motorcycle, HVAC, electronic repair, and bicycles
- Adept with power tools and ability to work on small mechanical assemblies
- The ability to listen and learn new tasks
- A basic command of the English language to communicate effectively
- A willingness to multi-task and take on different roles around the shop
- A strong work ethic and dependable
- Availability on Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm OR Thursday through Monday from 8am to 5pm
- Attention to detail
- Discipline to maintain an organized workspace
- The ability to solder is a plus but not a requirement
- 3-5 years of verifiable experience in warehouse operations or in a service department
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, persistence when needed
- Time management, follow daily and weekly schedules
- Attention to detail
What we're offering
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
WHY JOIN SKIP?
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We promise to thoroughly review every application, so please take the time to let us know why you are especially suited for this role.
Skip is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.