At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is seeking a dynamic Director of Sales, Central Division to maintain, grow and further develop its growing US retail business. Candidate must live in our BM Central Division...see locations below. This role requires the ability to grow & manage broker relationships and optimize broker performance to accomplish objectives and to lead and develop a strong sales team from a regional perspective. This includes strategically developing, planning, tracking and measuring execution for regional business objectives and KPI’s for headquarter broker performance. Key business channels include Conventional Grocery, Mass, Club and Natural. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Beyond Meat. Preferred location for this position is based in the Midwest within proximity to a major air hub.
Position Location: Home base must be in our Central Division territory and within proximity to a major air hub. Locations Include: Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska...ONLY!
- Manage top-level broker relationships for entire retail product portfolio
- Establish and measure top-level broker objectives for volume, trade spending, share, distribution, new items, deductions, etc.
- Develop annual customer business plans in partnership with Trade Marketing. Align Beyond Meat’s brand strategies with customer business strategy to maximize growth and profitability
- Direct and monitor all aspects of trade promotion to ensure maximum impact
- Manage Broker partner sales execution and scorecard their performance against store level MAPS objectives and priorities
- Work with broker team to receive internal tracking reports
- Foster and maintain strategic customer relationships to identify opportunities and promote business growth, through a shared understanding of success criteria to achieve current and future company goals
- Selling with Insights – Ability to identify, acquire and communicate insights, both specific customer and marketplace, which can serve as the basis for selling strategy including initiatives and solutions. Leverage value added selling to Beyond Meat’s advantage
- Champion in-store excellence for Beyond Meat thru management of Beyond Meat Retail Sales & Marketing Representative for maximum impact in retail stores
- The ideal candidate will have experience in managing multiple classes of trade and have developed relationships with key grocery retailers, as well as experience with Wal*Mart, Target and Kroger. Demonstrated success in team leadership, budget management, business planning and strategic account penetration at senior levels is required. The Director of Sales will demonstrate leadership, flexibility, diplomacy, and facilitation skills in working with all team members and external partners. Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are essential in this role.
- Strong strategic skills with experience in annual business planning
- Strong analytical skills: syndicated data analysis (IRI & Spins) and budget management
- Post promotion analysis
- Strong PC skills including MS Office
- Blue Planner experience preferred
- Very strong team player, ability to work with cross-functional teams to get results
- Passion for Beyond Meat and it’s missions and goals
- Ability to travel 40 –50%
- BA/BS is required
- 10+ years of CPG sales experience in Key Account Sales, Trade Marketing and Broker Management
- Demonstrated team development and leadership
- Experience selling to key accounts within the geography
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.