Energy and Environmental Economics, Inc.
(E3), a leading energy consulting firm headquartered in downtown San Francisco, is seeking a full-time Proposal Manager
. This person will perform a vital function by managing the process and tools we use to secure new business in response to competitive solicitations. E3 supports the global clean energy transition by conducting technical analysis related to decarbonizing electricity and the broader economy for a broad range of clients. Strong demand and our reputation as a leading firm have produced significant recent growth, which we expect to continue. E3 currently has approximately 75 staff based in four offices across North America. The Proposal Manager will report to an E3 Partner and manage staff across the organization to develop and submit proposals in a timely, organized fashion. E3's growth requires a more formalized, streamlined process that the Proposal Manager will help design, implement, and oversee. The ideal candidate brings experience managing a similar process/function, familiarity with vendor portals, and proposal writing. S/he must be an excellent team player who is adaptable, reliable, and responsible. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing E3’s registrations, vendor profiles, passwords, and alerts on 100+ online portals (e.g., Ariba, DevBusiness.com, SAM.gov, etc.)
- Circulating Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and associated documents
- Leading meetings to discuss major proposals, assign tasks, and formulate plan of attack, and ensuring progress toward deadlines
- Communicating proposal requirements to staff and external subcontractors, and ensuring proposals meet requirements
- Interfacing with senior marketing and legal staff at our parent company, Willdan
- Providing appropriate E3 boilerplate where needed
- Submitting E3 proposals and attachments via online portal and coordinating hard copy submission (via U.S. Mail or FedEx) with Willdan
- Tracking multiple proposals in development against upcoming deadlines as well as win/loss outcomes and dollar amounts
- Supporting business development activities, e.g. getting more visibility and access to competitive procurements, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree required, advanced degree a plus
- 2+ years’ professional experience managing deadlines and multiple collaborators in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Discretion in handling sensitive/confidential business information
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, fast-growing office environment with 75+ staff in multiple offices
- Demonstrated interest in clean energy and/or the environment a plus
This a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and performance. Full benefits include healthcare, life, dental, vision and eligibility starts on Day 1. We also offer 401k matching and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Application Process
Please include the following: · Cover letter · Resume · Two references, including name, reporting relationship and phone or email for two references· Writing sample, ideally a past proposal Also, please answer a few brief questions on our application page. E3 will review applications on a rolling basis and hold phone and in-person interviews until the position is filled. No phone calls please. EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability, medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. E3/Willdan does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.