Howdy, my name is Richard. I run FatalError.blog and ClimatePulse.org and I am looking to take on two to three interns over the summer to work on marketing.
Here's what you need to know about the role:
- This is an unpaid position that will ideally go from August 3rd until the end of September.
- There is a possibility of one or more of these positions to become paid roles in the Fall but this is not guaranteed at this stage.
- Therefore I am primarily looking for individuals looking to gain hands on experience to be able to build a portfolio and references.
- The role is 100% remote with no locations or time zones excluded provided you have connectivity.
- There is no age, background, experience or other limitations (indeed we encourage diversity across the board). You only need to demonstrate an interest in the space (climate), basic tech skills, and an ability to write persuasively.
This is roughly what the job entails:
- Writing blog posts, emails, and social media content
- Promoting the podcast
- Generating lead lists for podcast guests and for beta testers and reaching out to them
- Other marketing activities as the need arises or based on mutual agreement
You don't need fancy design skills or marketing chops to apply and be successful. You just need to be able to write, use modern web apps, be available on Slack, and have a willingness to gain some hands-on experience.