Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Product Support Laboratory Manager, St. Louis Missouri Location
We are looking for a Product Support Laboratory Manager responsible for establishing a new, high-throughput screening and testing laboratory at our St. Louis location. This hands-on position is a critical member of our product development support team. This position will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction by serving as an expert in product performance as it relates to microbial compatibility with other agriculture inputs. The incumbent will have a positive, direct impact on our channel partners, customers, and sales representatives by bringing just-in-time solutions and perspectives on our product strengths and performance. Providing feedback to our product development and research teams will be essential for continuous improvement and quality control initiatives.
- Oversee the overall operations of the product support lab, including compatibility testing, quality control, and applications development. Ensure that laboratory operations meet or exceed all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and customer service are maintained through high quality and efficient operations (as evidenced by documentation of SOPs, continuous improvement programs, operational efficiencies, and sustained lab cleanliness and organization).
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement tools and workflows for laboratory inventory, sample management, purchase and process tracking, safety policies, and equipment maintenance.
- Keep abreast of new technical developments through research and by facilitating collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information, and teamwork.
- Implement operational excellence for high-throughput, effective production of high-quality data at scale.
- Work with supply chain, ensuring vendor relations are managed and quality supplies are the standard.
- Rely on previous experience, analytical skills and knowledge to make judgments to accomplish goals.
- Manage all general research operations necessary to keep the lab running safely and efficiently, including waste removal, hazardous waste disposal, etc.
Qualifications and Experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of BS degree, preferably in Microbiology or related field.
- Background that includes microbiology lab experience (with 2-3 years as a team leader in a technician role).
- Outstanding analytical skills, including quality control and high throughput experience
- Familiarity with current standards in high throughput screening technology such as automated liquid handling, automated colony picking, and plate-based screening assays
- Experience working with product development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven problem-solver, with at least 4-6 years lab experience
- People management or working manager experience
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team