About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking an independent, strongly team oriented Technical Field Specialist to join our growing Field Operations team. In this role you will be a critical part of the Apeel organization, working directly with our customers at their packing house facilities to apply the Apeel product to fresh produce. You will ensure operations are fast and efficient, while creating an environment that puts people and safety first.
This opportunity is based in Carcaixent, Spain. This position will have up to a 25% travel requirement. The shift schedule may vary to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
What You'll Do
- Safely and effectively operate the mixing, application, and drying equipment to apply the Apeel product onto produce while complying with Standard Operating Procedures
- Clean and sanitize systems per FDA regulations to meet Food Safety requirements
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and repairs to keep equipment operating
- Understand, control and troubleshoot key process variables that impact produce quality
- Initiate and implement modifications in a commitment to continuous improvement
- Manage site inventory levels of Apeel products, consumables and spare parts
Produce Product Quality:
- Coordinate Apeel-treated produce product quality testing
- Collect and analyze data on Apeel-treated produce at on-site lab
- Work closely with Product Quality Engineers to prepare reports and adjust process conditions on produce product performance
- Develop/maintain strong positive relationships with customer to coordinate operations
- Look for opportunities that benefit site productivity for both Apeel and the customer
- Work closely with customers’ packing house staff and other Apeel staff (e.g., scientists, engineers, and Customer Success representatives) to resolve unexpected issues
What You Bring
- 2+ years of experience working in a produce packing house, post-harvest applications, field services, agriculture, food & beverage or chemical manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work cross functionally with all departments
- Extremely detailed and process oriented with the ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite including: Excel, Email, Calendar, etc.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in cold and/or hot environments and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, graveyards, weekends and holidays
- Willing to travel (regional, national, and international, as needed) is required (up to 25%)
- Must possess valid driver license and access reliable transportation
- Demonstrate behaviors with a clear safety focus on employees and produce.
- Experience with post-harvest applications
- Business-level fluency in Spanish
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.